We had so many stunning weddings throughout Southern California this year! It was hard to pick our favorite Bridal bouquets, so we enlisted the help of our Instagram followers using polls in our stories. And here are the crowd favorites, as voted on by you in our 4 day bracket game...
TheTop 10 Bouquets of 2021...
1. From our high fashion Bridal Shoot in LA with the ever so talented Amy Mulder for Marchesa Fashion. This day came together perfectly, from our gorgeous model and dress, to the unique bouquet and location. The colorful bouquet's playful and bright palette of garden roses, dahlias and ranunculus, popped perfectly off the blue hue of the dress and surrounding art installation. Here's hoping for more bright and bold bouquets in 2022.
2. This oh so romantic bridal bouquet filled with Spring's best blooms: clematis, garden roses, spirea, and butterfly ranunculus, was from our shoot early this year, that was meant to transport you to the Amalfi Coast. Since we couldn't travel due to covid we aimed to bring a bit of Italy to San Diego and I had the opportunity to work with Italian photographer Rochelle Cheever to perfect all the details.
3. Cascading for the win! Our Bride wanted a cascading bouquet like her Mother had at her wedding, but we put a more updated garden twist on it to fit the venue, Twin Oaks, using hellebore, orlaya, tulips, ranunculus, butterfly ranunculus, orchids, and roses. She was over joyed with the result as was I. I'm all for cascading bouquets coming back as long as they don't look like they came straight from the 80s!
4. This jewel toned beauty was filled with all locally grown flowers. It was extremely important to our couple that their wedding flowers be as eco friendly as possible, so we chose locally grown dahlias, garden roses, snapdragons, and butterfly ranunculus from here in California, and of course, we didn't use any floral foam to create their centerpieces and installations. BE Studios captured these colors so well; they really popped off the scenery at Hotel Del Coronado.
5. Sometimes photo shoots provide you the perfect opportunity to work with flowers you don't normally and to have complete creative freedom...the outcome is this! This gorgeous and unique bouquet is so different from anything I've ever made. It was so fun to make. Perfect for it's Venice Beach setting.
6. This classic blush and white bouquet, made with snowberry, ranunculus and the lushiest Quicksand and O'hara roses, was the perfect complement for a wedding at the La Jolla Woman's Club. And while the bouquet might have been classic the reception arrangements all had a bold pop of bright pink to tie in the bougainvillea at the venue and create a fun atmosphere for the party post vows. I just love all the shots from Kara Reynolds Photography.
7. Caffe Latte roses paired with butterfly ranunculus and Quicksand roses were the perfect hues for this Spring elopement. I really took to using flowers as "greenery" this year and butterfly ranunculus will forever be a favorite to create a loose and airy bouquet.
8. These Lisianthus were everything! I saw them and built this whole bouquet around them. Luckily our Bride's favorite color was peach so they fit perfectly in to the color palette. I accented them with phlox, ranunculus, sweet peas, and tulips..all my favorite Spring flowers!
9. This was one of my favorites from the year. These gorgeous garden roses grown locally here in San Diego, from Ella Rose Farm, pop off the hellebore base and pair so beautifully with the majolica, Quicksand, delphinium and orlaya. It had so much movement and texture, such a true garden style.
10. Burgundy dahlias might be the perfect Fall flower! These two were just the sweetest couple and I love that Gabriel Conover embraced the moody and romantic vibe that this Autumn color palette gave for their mountain wedding in Julian at Pine Hill Lodge. I also love that our Bride's lipstick was just as bold as the flowers! 💋
These are just the Top 10 Bouquets from our past season, but there were so many more stunners! I'll be posting blogs from all our 2021 weddings so stay tuned to see more bouquets and the other arrangements that paired with them.
And a BIG THANK YOU to all that played along with our Instagram polls to help us choose these! It's always so fun to see what you all gravitate towards, so leave us a comment below with which one is your absolute favorite!
Peace, Love, and Flowers Friends!